Registered patients with certain chronic stable conditions on regular chronic medication and who have been assessed by their GP as being suitable for repeat prescriptions, may fill out a “repeat prescription request” form which is available from reception or as a download from the “forms” page of this website. This is then handed or faxed or e-mailed* to our staff, who will pass it on to the relevant doctor. If appropriate the doctor will generate your prescription for you to collect. If the doctor feels it is not safe to do so, you will be contacted by one of our nursing staff explaining why and how to go about obtaining your script. This may be as simple as answering certain questions over the phone, coming in for a nurse assessment or a review by your GP.
- This is NOT to be used for Same Day Prescriptions-please present to reception.
- We DO NOT accept requests for repeat scripts telephonically. This is for reasons of patient safety and accuracy and is standard practice in the UK.
* The form can be scanned and e-mailed as an attached .pdf file or MS Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org if desired. Please note we DO NOT accept simple e-mail requests and will only accept our Repeat Prescription Request form, which needs to be completed in full. Incomplete forms will not be processed for reasons of patient safety.
- Patients on regular chronic medication must be reviewed at least annually for the condition being treated. If it has been more than 12 months since your last review the repeat prescription request is likely to be declined pending review.
- Depending on the medication requested, certain requests may only be able to be actioned by the patients GP.
- We do not accept same day requests via e-mail, these need to be requested in person at our reception.
- E-mailed requests are only processed on working days between 8am-4pm. Requests received outside these hours will be processed on the next working day.
- E-mailed requests require 3 working days notice.
The following fees are applicable:
- Routine request with 3 working days notice $22.00
- Same day request $28.00
- Controlled drug request $28.00
- Prescription faxed &/or posted to chemist or patient $5.00
- Same day scripts must be lodged at reception by 6pm.
- Same day scripts depend on the availability of doctors and cannot be guaranteed to be available on the same day.